Be Bold for SDG7 campaign launch
With the High-level Dialogue on Energy and COP26 both happening this year, 2021 offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for progress on Sustainable Development Goal 7 – affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all by 2030.
With that, Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) has launched a new, year-long campaign called Be Bold to drive ambitious action towards SDG7.
The Be Bold campaign is about giving everyone – governments, businesses, development and financial institutions, and everyday citizens – a set of actions to help realize affordable and clean energy for all.
The campaign kicks off on 16 March 2021 with a 24-hour digital launch. Be Bold videos from supporters of SDG7 from around the world will be streamed online throughout the day.
A special live event will kick off at 4 p.m. CET to introduce global audiences to the SEforALL Be Bold campaign and tell citizens how they can get involved in the coming months.
The Be Bold campaign live launch will feature a musical performance by Kenyan musician Eric Wainaina.
Sherry Kennedy, Director of Communications, will welcome these SDG7 voices during the launch:
- H.E António Guterres, Secretary-General, United Nations
- H.E. Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President, Nigeria
- H.E. Mary Robinson, Chair of the Elders, Former President of Ireland, Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Achim Steiner, Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme
- Dr. Rajiv J. Shah, President, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Mark Carrato, Power Africa Coordinator
- Francesco Starace, Chairman of SEforALL Administrative Board
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO and Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All and Co-Chair of UN-Energy
- Mitzi Jonelle Chan, Climate Activist
The launch will be streamed live here and you can join the conversation on YouTube.
Spread the word and follow along using #SDG7BeBold.